Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
SALT LAKE CITY — A 15-year-old bicyclist was hit and killed by a truck on Thursday night.
According to the Hurricane City Police Department, officers were dispatched to an auto-pedestrian accident just after 7:30 p.m. at 400 S. and 400 W.
A green 2021 Dodge Ram pickup truck travelling eastbound on 400 S. struck an e-bicycle that was travelling northbound on 400 W. The rider and bike were caught under the truck and the teen suffered serious injuries.
A registered nurse was on scene when officers arrived and life-saving measures were started immediately. Those measures continued as paramedics arrived to assist.
Responders were unable to resuscitate the victim who died from his injuries at the scene. The 15 -year-old male was reportedly from LaVerkin. This investigation is ongoing.
Press Release- 9/29/22
Vehicle vs Bicycle – Fatal Accident pic.twitter.com/zsogRriy9p
— Hurricane City PD (@HurricaneUtPD) September 30, 2022
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- Two auto-pedestrian accidents in Salt Lake City Wednesday morning, one of them fatal
- Here are the 3 things you need to know about keeping cyclists safe on the road
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah