CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Friday crash on SR-14 in Kane County kills 7-year-old
Oct 8, 2022, 3:14 PM | Updated: Oct 10, 2022, 1:28 pm
KANE COUNTY, Utah – A seven-year-old died after an accident on SR-14 on Friday.
Police said that a westbound GMC pickup struck a Kia Soul on SR-14, shortly after clipping a trailer.
The initial contact with the trailer caused the GMC to lose control and enter the eastbound lane.
The driver of the GMC was flown by a medical helicopter in critical condition. The Kia Soul was driven by a mother with her two children in the backseat. The oldest of the two children was critically injured and later succumbed to their injuries. Everyone else involved was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted