A new location for Judge Memorial Catholic High School? It could happen
SALT LAKE CITY — Judge Memorial Catholic High School and Our Lady of Lourdes may be moving to a new location.
The Diocese of Salt Lake City is looking into the possibility of selling the property of the schools, church and rectory, which are located at 650 S. 1100 East.
“As many of you know, the current aging facilities at Judge Memorial Catholic High School and Our Lady of Lourdes are inadequate and renovation efforts are cost prohibitive,” said Mark Longe, superintendent of schools, in a news release.
Is Judge Memorial moving to a new location?
Longe says this is being done in order to move the schools to a new state-of-the-art facility. The new location of the schools is on an open space at the St. Ann complex.
“A move of this magnitude would be contingent upon the value of the property and the success of Judge Memorial’s capital campaign,” Longe said in the news release.
Longe says fundraising and search for a potential buyer of the property will begin soon.
In August, Judge Memorial celebrated its 100th year anniversary.
- Salt Lake City School District to conduct feasibility study on 2 high schools
- Orem, Alpine School District split debate centers on whose math you believe
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes