THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
Police find missing University of Utah student
Oct 17, 2022, 6:15 PM | Updated: Jan 5, 2023, 2:44 pm
(Ben B. Braun/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah Police say the missing student was found Monday evening a little after 7 p.m.
The University of Utah Police also thanked Sandy Police and Unified Police for their help in the case. There were no further details provided about why the student was reported missing.
University of Utah Police sent out a news alert just before 6 p.m. about a student, Anthony Spirit Liu, who hadn’t been seen since Monday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. He was last seen in the area of the Lassonde Studios housing building.
Police say he was last seen wearing a dark gray long-sleeve shirt with blue shorts. He also had a backpack that had either a gray or white stripe and sneakers.
University of Utah Police say that Spirit Liu was originally reported missing by Sandy Police. And authorities at the university are assisting in the search.
According to Jason Hinojosa, the university’s interim chief of police, the university believes the missing student came to campus Monday. However, he is unable to say how they know that.
If you know of his whereabouts, you are asked to call the University of Utah Police Department at 801-585-2677.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows