USPS to hold job fair ahead of holiday season
SALT LAKE CITY — The United States Postal Service in Utah will hold a job fair this weekend in an effort to hire over 300 employees for the holiday season. The USPS said it has full-time, part-time and seasonal job positions available.
The USPS will hold the job fair on Friday and Saturday at its main Salt Lake City office at 1760 West 2100 South.
On Friday, Oct. 21 the fair will run from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., and on Saturday, Oct. 22 it will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The USPS said it has several positions open including city and rural mail carrier, holiday clerk and mail processing clerk.
Personnel from the USPS will be at the job fair to answer any questions and go in-depth about each available position.
The USPS said pay starts at $17 to $20 depending on the position and positions also come with benefits.
For those unable to attend the job fair, the USPS also has job applications on its website.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success