CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Girl is recovering after being struck by SUV in Spanish Fork
Oct 19, 2022, 6:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:24 am
(Steve Griffin, Deseret News)
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 12-year-old girl is recovering after being struck by a SUV Tuesday night in Spanish Fork.
According to Lt. Brandon Anderson with the Spanish Fork Police, the girl was riding her roller blades, and was wearing her helmet and knee pads at the time of the incident. Additionally, Anderson says the incident happened in the area of 100 S. Spanish Fork Drive at 6:30 p.m.
Police say the girl was transported to an area hospital in stable condition. However, police say she may have a possible broken leg and internal injuries.
The incident happened in a residential area close to the girl’s home, according to Anderson. Her parents were not on scene at the time of the incident, but they were later notified.
Anderson says 100 South is a state road and is quite busy. He says the girl was at a intersection waiting to cross. The crosswalk was not marked. However, it’s a legal one, according to police.
The driver of the SUV remained on scene in Spanish Fork and was cooperative with the investigation. Anderson says no citation was issued.
However, the investigation what caused the incident is still ongoing.
- Police say man arrested for gym assault later confessed to Spanish Fork murder
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows