Shingles virus, why no one talks about it
SALT LAKE CITY — Shingles, a reactivation of the chickenpox virus in the body, is rarely talked about.
Health professionals say it is more prominent in people over the age of 50. Those affected by the virus may not even know it. According to Medical News Today, shingles infects 1 in 3 adults in the U.S.
Richard Ferguson, Founder of Black Physicians of Utah and Chief Medical Officer at Health Choice Utah joins Dave and Dujanovic to discuss why no one talks about the disease and why the conversation should happen sooner rather than later. Listen live at 11:20 a.m.!
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success