Students at Vineyard Elementary flaunt pink for Ryder
VINEYARD, Utah — Today, classmates are wearing pink to support a fellow student who is recovering at Primary Children’s Hospital. Last week a vehicle struck Ryder, a student at the elementary school, and sent him in critical condition to the hospital.
Principal Lori Belliti, of Vineyard Elementary, said the student went for a bike ride to a park across from the school on the evening of October 12. Then, a vehicle struck Ryder, causing a traumatic brain injury. However, the student has made progress at the hospital.
“He’s been in pretty poor condition because he has a traumatic brain injury, but I just got off the phone with the mom today and she says he’s made a 180-degree turn-around,” said Principal Belliti.
Principal Belliti also said it was fairly dark outside at the time of the accident.
“He’s been in intensive care but just got out,” Belliti adds.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event