CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested for alleged kidnapping, forcible sexual abuse incident
SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old man was arrested Thursday morning by the University of Utah Police in connection to an alleged kidnapping and forcible sexual abuse incident.
According to the probable cause statement, the suspect, who has been identified as Alec Furshman, was reportedly drinking alcohol with a group of friends. The probable cause statement also states that he and the female victim separated themselves from the group and went back to his dorm room.
The probable cause statement further states the victim reported to have been forcibly kissed by Furshman. According to the probable cause statement, he allegedly also touched the victim inappropriately. The victim also stated he pinned her to the bed and refused to let her leave the dorm room.
Furshman allegedly also kept the woman in the dorm room despite her making several attempts to leave, according to the probable cause statement. The victim made it known that she was not interested in anything sexual with the suspect.
The suspect allowed the victim to leave only when she agreed to come back later.
According to the probable cause statement, Furshman has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail. He had been booked for investigation of kidnapping and forcible sexual abuse. Both are second-degree felonies. He was also booked for investigation of underage drinking, which is a Class B misdemeanor.
- Police find missing University of Utah student
- Rooftop burglary suspect in Ballpark neighborhood arrested by police
- U of U student arrested after making nuclear threat at Utes football game
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah