Gov. Cox to hold town hall focused on Latino community
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Spencer Cox and the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs will hold a town hall meeting focused on the Latino community Monday night.
The town hall will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Salt Lake Community College’s Grand Theater. The theater is located at the college’s campus at 1575 South State Street, Salt Lake City.
Cox’s office said the governor would use questions submitted earlier in the month to understand the priorities of the community.
The community discussion with Cox will be facilitated in both Spanish and English.
Nubia Peña, director of the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs, will moderate the town hall while Lester Rojas from Univision and Cindy Bernal from Telemundo will emcee.
There will be an hour of networking following the town hall so that community members can learn about local resources.
Registration for the event is closed, but anyone already registered can use their confirmation email to ride UTA for free.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah