Missing Millcreek woman found dead in Wyoming
MILLCREEK, Utah — A missing 78-year-old Millcreek woman was found dead in Wyoming Monday morning. The Unified Police Department believes weather conditions caused the woman’s death.
The UPD initially sent out a Silver Alert for Victoria Acoba on Oct. 21, though she had been missing since Oct. 19.
Police believe Acoba had run out of fuel and began walking. “Unfortunately, due to weather conditions she did not survive,” the UPD said in an update to Acoba’s case.
Police said Acoba had been seen in Syracuse, Roy and Ogden in the days following Oct. 19 and had been driving her red Mazda.
“We are saddened at the outcome of this case. Our deepest condolences to her family and friends,” the UPD said in its update.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success