Crash on 400 South injures woman
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a crash on 400 South and 400 West. The crash closed multiple lanes on 400 South for several hours.
The SLCPD lifted all road closures at 10:18 a.m., hours after a woman was hit by a car.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) October 27, 2022
The SLCPD said that the woman was critically injured.
In a press release, the SLCPD said it was alerted to the crash at 6:52 a.m. Thursday.
The SLCPD said it appears the woman was not in a designated crosswalk when she walked in front of a car and was hit. Paramedics at the scene took her to the hospital in critical condition.
The SLCPD is continuing to investigate and said that the driver involved in the crash is cooperating.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Georgia voters once again have the last word during election season