SALT LAKE CITY
Halloween weekend closures of I-80 in Sugarhouse
Oct 27, 2022, 4:21 PM | Updated: 5:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — If your Halloween plans this weekend take you along I-80 in Sugarhouse put a reminder in your phone about an overnight I-80 closure on Friday and Saturday.
I-80 will be closed in both directions Friday from 9 p.m. through 9 a.m. Saturday. The closure will repeat at the same time Saturday — closing at 9 p.m. and opening again at 9 a.m. on Sunday.
The closures begin at 700 East and end at Foothill Drive.
UDOT’s I-80/I-215 Renewed Project Manager Becky Stromness says crews are moving 11 massive beams into place to build a bridge at 1300 East.
“I-80 is obviously a very important route, (for the economy), drivers, communities for everyone,” she said. “Luckily we have a pretty good detour to just use I-15 and 215 the East Belt to avoid these closures.”
The bigger project includes repaving stretches of I-80 and I-215 and replacing four bridges that run over I-80 in Sugarhouse.
Eastbound I-80 is also getting an additional lane.
“We expect to have traffic on brand new pavement, with lanes open by the end of 2023,” Stromness said.
- Officials and residents still dealing with aftermath of Sugar House fire
- A near record-breaking year for auto-pedestrian fatalities, officials urge caution
- Benefits of getting ballots in early
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers