CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man attempts to kidnap 14-year-old from corn maze, police say
LEHI, Utah — A 14-year-old girl says a man attempted to kidnap her while she was leaving Cornbelly’s Corn Maze Saturday.
According to the Lehi Police Department, the incident occurred around 10:30 p.m.
The 14-year-old was walking from the maze to the parking lot to meet her ride. Police say this is when the suspect grabbed the teen’s shoulders and then her wrists. Along with this, the suspect was attempting to pull her away.
Following this, the teen began to scream, alerting bystanders. The suspect ran into the parking lot after this.
From here, the 14-year-old called her friends who came and brought her back into Cornbelly’s. The group then alerted the onsite police.
Officers searched the parking lot and surrounding areas in an attempt to locate the suspect. He was never found.
Police say the suspect is estimated to be a male in his 30s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall with darker skin. Along with this, he has a short black beard and was wearing black sweats and a dark blue hoodie at the time of the incident.
Police encourage witnesses to contact them with any information they may have. Contact LPD at (385)201-1005.
- Man arrested for alleged kidnapping, forcible sexual abuse incident
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school
- 14-year-old kidnapped out of Grantsville, later found safe
- After jogger kidnapped, murdered, Utah sheriff implores women to be safe
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Lawyer: Trump indicted; 1st ex-president charged with crime
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial