Man escapes police on horseback
MORGAN, Utah — A man is facing charges of potential criminal mischief, intoxication and trespassing after the suspect escaped police via horseback.
Forty-year-old Andrew Pentz has had previous run-ins with police. After receiving a call, police arrived on the scene where Pentz was trying to kick down his mother’s door.
After arriving, police immediately recognized Pentz who initially cooperated. He claimed he was attempting to gain access to his mother’s house because she owed him money.
“Due to his behavior and my past interactions with Andrew, it was clear that he was currently intoxicated and most likely on other substances,” alleged arresting officer, Derek Chalmers in the arrest document.
According to arrest documents, Pentz had dismounted his horse and entered a state of paranoia. He claimed he couldn’t go to jail because it would be bad for him but he knew he was going.
Officers observed a pair of pliers and a knife in Pentz his waistband, he claimed to also have a gun. He then removed his hands from the air and put them on his knife, pushing officers away.
Consequently, police told Pentz they’d tase him if he didn’t let go.
Officer Chalmers, in arresting documents, said he was too far from Pentz for his laser to correctly deploy onto him.
As a result Pentz was able to take off. Officers in the area reported seeing him escape on horseback with his girlfriend’s dog tied to a rope.
Pentz ignored all deputies who attempted to stop him, instead he made his way through no trespassing areas on horseback.
Finally, the following day Pentz called a sergeant, wanting to turn himself in.
Arresting Officer Chalmers arrived at his mothers house and arrested him. Pentz faces charges relating to suspicion of criminal mischief, intoxication, interference with arresting officer, failure to stop at the command of law enforcement and trespassing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- BYU students win international award for video game
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success