One year since 13-year-old hit and killed in Taylorsville crosswalk
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — It was one year ago when a 13-year-old was killed in a Taylorsville crosswalk while trick-or-treating with friends.
There are flowers, ribbons and a balloon that reads “in memory of the “Finch family” at the spot on Monday.
13-year-old Karl Finch was hit while crossing 2700 West. He later died at Primary Children’s Hospital from his injuries.
His Aunt Jana King now looks at the Taylorsville crosswalk where the accident happened and begs drivers to be careful tonight wherever they are.
“And be aware that there’s lots of pedestrians out,” King said. “On every road. They could be on busy roads. They could be on subdivision roads.”
King also has a warning for any possible impaired drivers.
“Just if you’ve had anything, don’t risk it,” King said. “Just don’t get behind the wheel of a car.”
- It’s Halloween, here’s how to stay safe
- Orem City Library adds extra safety this Halloween for trick-or-treaters
- In for a scare? Here are some scary movies filmed in Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around