One year since 13-year-old hit and killed in Taylorsville crosswalk
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — It was one year ago when a 13-year-old was killed in a Taylorsville crosswalk while trick-or-treating with friends.
There are flowers, ribbons and a balloon that reads “in memory of the “Finch family” at the spot on Monday.
13-year-old Karl Finch was hit while crossing 2700 West. He later died at Primary Children’s Hospital from his injuries.
His Aunt Jana King now looks at the Taylorsville crosswalk where the accident happened and begs drivers to be careful tonight wherever they are.
“And be aware that there’s lots of pedestrians out,” King said. “On every road. They could be on busy roads. They could be on subdivision roads.”
King also has a warning for any possible impaired drivers.
“Just if you’ve had anything, don’t risk it,” King said. “Just don’t get behind the wheel of a car.”
- It’s Halloween, here’s how to stay safe
- Orem City Library adds extra safety this Halloween for trick-or-treaters
- In for a scare? Here are some scary movies filmed in Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Georgia voters once again have the last word during election season