CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Woman in critical condition after being struck by car in Sugarhouse
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police are investigating an auto-pedestrian collision Monday that sent a 74-year-old woman to the hospital in critical condition.
According to a police news release, the incident occurred in the area of 2135 S. 900 East at 10:48 a.m.
When first responders arrived on scene, they discovered the woman in the street. Emergency personnel immediately began rendering first aid.
The woman was transported to an area hospital where she remains in critical condition. The driver of the vehicle remained on scene and cooperated with the police investigation.
Based on the initial information, officers say they believe the driver turned southbound onto 900East from a business. And in the process of making the turn, police say the driver struct the woman.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder