Park City Mountain Resort announces earlier opening day
PARK CITY, Utah — For snow lovers in Utah, the news keeps getting better. On Friday, Park City Mountain Resort announced they are moving their opening day to Wednesday, Nov. 16.
The Park City opening is two days earlier than the resort had originally planned.
In a press release, the resort said the Nov. 16 opening is the earliest the mountain has opened since 1996. The Payday Express, First Time, Red Pine Gondola, Saddleback Express, and Over and Out lifts will begin running at 9 a.m.
Happy Friday! We’ve received over 81″ of snow this season so far! -AND- We are moving up our opening day to Wednesday, November 16! Payday Express, First Time, Red Pine Gondola, Saddleback Express and Over and Out will be running starting at 9am. pic.twitter.com/DcfVeKUY00
— Park City Mountain (@PCski) November 11, 2022
“Park City’s mountain operations teams have been making the most of cold temperatures and the first major snowstorms of the season since October 23,” the resort said in a press release.
“Their work, combined with over 81 inches of natural snowfall from recent storms, is allowing for a highly anticipated early start to winter.”
Park City resort officials said visitors won’t need parking reservations on opening day, or on Nov. 17 if they park at the Mountain Village base area. But reservations will be required beginning Nov. 18 and through the end of the season.
The 2022-2023 ski season is the first season the resort will require parking reservations.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah