Park City Mountain Resort announces earlier opening day
Nov 11, 2022, 12:00 PM
(Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)
PARK CITY, Utah — For snow lovers in Utah, the news keeps getting better. On Friday, Park City Mountain Resort announced they are moving their opening day to Wednesday, Nov. 16.
The Park City opening is two days earlier than the resort had originally planned.
In a press release, the resort said the Nov. 16 opening is the earliest the mountain has opened since 1996. The Payday Express, First Time, Red Pine Gondola, Saddleback Express, and Over and Out lifts will begin running at 9 a.m.
Happy Friday! We’ve received over 81″ of snow this season so far! -AND- We are moving up our opening day to Wednesday, November 16! Payday Express, First Time, Red Pine Gondola, Saddleback Express and Over and Out will be running starting at 9am. pic.twitter.com/DcfVeKUY00
— Park City Mountain (@PCski) November 11, 2022
“Park City’s mountain operations teams have been making the most of cold temperatures and the first major snowstorms of the season since October 23,” the resort said in a press release.
“Their work, combined with over 81 inches of natural snowfall from recent storms, is allowing for a highly anticipated early start to winter.”
Park City resort officials said visitors won’t need parking reservations on opening day, or on Nov. 17 if they park at the Mountain Village base area. But reservations will be required beginning Nov. 18 and through the end of the season.
The 2022-2023 ski season is the first season the resort will require parking reservations.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes