To accommodate more visitors, Pineview Reservoir to see upgrades
Nov 11, 2022, 4:00 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — Pineview Reservoir in the Ogden Valley of northern Utah will be getting some much-needed updates to accommodate increasing demand.
During the past few summers, Pineview Reservoir has been filled to capacity with more visitors than ever.
Weber County Commissioner Gage Froerer said the commission is in the final stages of planning a revamp project that would create more traffic lanes, larger parking lots and bigger campgrounds.
It is scheduled to be completed in 2025 and is being federally funded by the Great American Outdoors Act.
- North entrance into Yellowstone National Park to open next week
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo reports major water reduction
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah