Church announces open house dates for Saratoga Springs Temple
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Monday the open house dates for the Saratoga Springs Temple.
The public open house will begin Saturday, April 15, 2023, and will conclude on Saturday. July 8, 2023. The open house will run every day except for Sundays. In addition, a media day will be held prior to the public open house on April 10. A private open house for invited guests will also be held April 11-14.
Saratoga Springs Temple
The temple will then be dedicated on Sunday, Aug. 13, 2023, in three sessions. The three sessions are scheduled for 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency, will preside at the dedication.
The temple was first announced in April 2017 by then church President Thomas S. Monson. Construction on the 28th temple in Utah began in 2019.
Two temples dedicated in South America
On Sunday, the church dedicated two new temples in South America.
Elder Quentin L. Cook, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, presided over the dedication of the Quito, Ecuador Temple. Elder Dale G. Renlund, also a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, presided over the Belém Brazil Temple.
The Quito, Ecuador Temple will open for worship on Nov. 22. For those church members wishing to attend the Belém Brazil Temple, it will open on Dec. 1.
Bonneville International Corporation, the company that owns KSL NewsRadio, is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, which is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Church announces groundbreaking dates for four temples in Latin America
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide