ARTS + ENTERTAINMENT
Thanksgiving Dinner at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab
Nov 23, 2022, 6:00 AM
(Photo credit: Best Friends Animal Society)
KANAB, Utah — At the Best Friends Animal Society’s Sanctuary in Kanab, dozens of dogs enjoyed a gourmet Thanksgiving dinner. Chef Shon Foster, of neighboring Sego Restaurant, and his restaurant’s team spent 26 hours making the dog-friendly meals.
According to a press release from Best Friends Animal Society it took roughly 700 pounds of ingredients to prepare the dishes. As the Sego team made the dishes, each dog’s dietary requirements were kept in mind.
“Once they see the food and start to eat, you can see the excitement throughout their whole body,” Foster said. “I get to be a hero for a day. It’s kind of emotional.”
This is the second year Sego has prepared the Thanksgiving dinner for their canine friends.
“Watching the dogs enjoy this meal is just the best feeling. It really makes our hearts soar,” said Kayla Riding, the sanctuary supervisor.
To learn more about Best Friends Animal Society, click here.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows