Barn on turkey farm in Sanpete County destroyed by fire
SANPETE COUNTY, Utah — A barn on a turkey farm in Sanpete County is a complete loss following a fire the morning of Nov. 22. No people or animals were injured by the fire.
He says that an electrical short caught the structure on fire, which was storing hay.
The incident occurred on a farm owned by a father and son, who were not there at the time. Robinson says a neighbor called in the fire.
The blaze turned out to be a costly one. Robinson says 250 bales of hay were burned in the fire; each had a value of $250.
Additionally, a tractor and a side-by-side were also burned, both with a value of $15,000. Furthermore, miscellaneous items that had a combined value of $10,000 were also burned.
Robinson says with all the hay that was in the barn, the fire is still burning and will be smoldering for the next week.
Fire crews from Fountain Green, Moroni and Wales all responded to the fire.
- Six more cases of avian influenza confirmed in Sanpete County
- Former police chief in Sanpete County suing to get his old job back
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville