One person arrested, another hospitalized following shooting in Payson
PAYSON, Utah — One man is in custody following a shooting Tuesday afternoon in Payson.
According to the Payson Police Department, officers were dispatched to the area of 143 W. 900 North for a report of an assault at 4:23 p.m.
Once on scene, police discovered one man had been shot in the leg. The victim was transported by private car to an area hospital. Police say the victim is expected to recover.
Police immediately contacted the suspect and took him into custody. According to police, the two individuals are “loosely acquainted.” The shooting appears to have been a result of some sort of dispute, according to police.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing. Police say both individuals are cooperating with the investigation and there is no threat to the community.
- Payson community is mourning the passing of a first responder
- Standoff at Payson construction site lands 3 men in jail
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023