Thanksgiving Day donations and volunteering
Nov 25, 2022, 12:00 PM
(Utah County Sheriff's Office)
SALT LAKE CITY — The owners of Crave Cookies in American Fork donated 530 cookies to inmates in the Utah County Jail on Thanksgiving.
In a Facebook post from Utah County Sheriff’s Office, it said the cookie let inmates know someone is thinking of them.
The Utah County Jail is located in Spanish Fork, Utah. The facility houses around 325 adult male and female inmates.
Thanksgiving meals hosted by The Salvation Army
Over 200 volunteers prepared and delivered 1,000 full-course Thanksgiving meals throughout Salt Lake City. Meals consisted of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, dinner rolls and an assortment of desserts.
According to a press release from The Salvation Army, one family has volunteered for 26 years in a row, the Cline Family.
“I couldn’t believe so many people are happy and willing to selflessly give up their Thanksgiving Day to serve a meal to someone else,” said Captain James Combs, with The Salvation Army in Salt Lake.
Thousands of Utahns receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a range of services. The annual Thanksgiving dinner provided is the largest feeding event in SLC.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- After recent tragic events, emergency personnel urge public to use caution
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths