Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
ROY, Utah — Police in Roy are investigating how a vehicle collided with an unoccupied building Friday afternoon.
Police say the driver of the vehicle crashed into the rear end of another vehicle. It then continued on until it crashed into the building in the area of 5698 S. 1900 West. Additionally, police also say the driver of the vehicle left the scene of the incident on foot.
However, he was taken into custody a short time later at nearby gym as he trying to get into another vehicle. Police say the suspect was taken to the hospital for treatment of a minor hand laceration.
Unoccupied building in Roy
Officers are investigating, but suspect impairment may have been a factor. According to police, the vehicle entered “the entire building.” They say the structural damage to the building is pretty significant.
The incident also caused a gas leak to the standalone building. Roy Department and Dominion Energy are on scene looking into the severity of the gas leak.
Police say the vehicle put a huge hole in one wall. However, the building doesn’t appear to be in any danger of collapsing. Furthermore, the fire department will have to determine if the building is structurally sound before the vehicle can be removed.
The business, which is a karate dojo, will have to be cleared by a building inspector before it can be reoccupied.
- One person injured after SUV crashes into Roy salon
- Motorcyclist dead after fatal collison in Roy, investigation continues
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered