Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
SPANISH FORK, Utah — At around 8:30 p.m. near 200 North Main in Spanish Fork, a car drove through barricades and onto a parade route. The vehicle drove for nearly 7 blocks before striking the horse and rider, who were participating in the parade festivities.
The parade was for the annual Festival of Lights held in Spanish Fork. The horse and its rider walked away with only minor injuries.
The driver was arrested under suspicion of DUI. Police say that the man did not have an ID, but he was booked into the Utah County jail.
- In wake of recent tragedies, safety is emphasized more for upcoming parades
- Multiple injuries reported after vehicle drives through New Mexico parade
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Utah, Salt Lake leaders unveil new plans to improve the struggling Great Salt Lake