CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
Nov 27, 2022, 10:55 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:21 am
(Photo courtesy of Devon Dewey)
SPANISH FORK, Utah — At around 8:30 p.m. near 200 North Main in Spanish Fork, a car drove through barricades and onto a parade route. The vehicle drove for nearly 7 blocks before striking the horse and rider, who were participating in the parade festivities.
The parade was for the annual Festival of Lights held in Spanish Fork. The horse and its rider walked away with only minor injuries.
The driver was arrested under suspicion of DUI. Police say that the man did not have an ID, but he was booked into the Utah County jail.
- In wake of recent tragedies, safety is emphasized more for upcoming parades
- Multiple injuries reported after vehicle drives through New Mexico parade
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Could a La Nina winter help drought in Utah?