Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — Aa film with an all-Utah cast and crew has been selected by Utah’s Film Festival for a screening, part of the festival’s monthly screening series.
“Marilyn Monroe’s Last Press Conference”, is an independent film written and directed by Frank H. Cutler of Thunderbolt Alley Productions.
According to Thunderbolt Alley Film, the movie was inspired by alleged CIA documents leaked or released recently.
Being entirely shot in Utah, places like Red Butte Gardens, Smith and Moorehouse Reservoir and Grand America Hotel are featured.
Additionally, the goal of the film is to create a new narrative, one not so negative or demeaning about potential relationships Monroe had.
“Although they make you think,” said Cutler. “Sometimes we go a little too far when it comes to conspiracies.”
Cutler continued, “What many people don’t know is that Marylin started a film production herself. Typically Marylin is thought of as a victim, but she was actually aggressive and a go-getter.”
Utah actress Amberjo Pratt plays the “virtual embodiment” of Marilyn Monroe, with Belinda Glenn cast as her reporter confidant, Dorothy Kilgallen.
Further, this will be the first “episode” of what intends to be a series, “Patriots and Conspirators.”
The series aims to highlight controversial characters, real and fictional, and their role in popular conspiracy theories.
The showing on Dec. 2,is the film’s world premiere. The Towne Hub Theatre in American Fork will debut the film.
But when it comes to Utah’s film scene, Cutler doesn’t feel he is setting the bar, rather playing catch-up. Additionally, he hopes to see the door opened for the talented Utah actors he is featuring in this film.
“It’s a dream come true,” said Cutler. “I remember my wife and I passing by [the venue] thinking what if we could show something there?”
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- More than 2,700 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital