Woman from Oregon dies after tubing accident at Deer Valley resort
PARK CITY, Utah — A woman who was tubing at Deer Valley Ski Resort died from injuries she received after hitting a chairlift tower.
The accident happened on Saturday night according to a statement from the resort.
The 18-year-old woman was tubing with friends when she hit the Silver Strike Express chairlift tower.
The resort said that her friends called 911 and then moved her to the base of the chairlift. The Park City Fire Department responded from there and took her to what the resort called an offsite location.
The woman was transferred to the University of Utah trauma center via helicopter, where she died of her injuries.
- Message to Utah skiers from UDOT about traffic — plan ahead
- Learn to ski in Utah at any age, whether native or new
- Skiers rejoice! Most ski slopes in Utah set to open soon
- Young Utah skier takes the big screen in new Warren Miller film
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply