CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man fled through western states before arrest in Utah, police say
Dec 15, 2022, 10:00 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:21 am
(Photo: Deseret News)
EMERY, Utah — A man who allegedly fled from Nebraska after cutting off an ankle monitor has been arrested in Emery after a high-speed chase.
A probable cause statement said that 40-year-old Jesse Budenholzer led Emery County Police on a pursuit.
According to the statement, Budenholzer led police down I-70 and eventually State Route 6, traveling over 100 mph.
Police said they spiked Budenholzer’s car three times throughout the chase but he continued to escape.
After the second spike, something was thrown out of the car. The probable cause statement said police later found a gun in the area.
Eventually, and after allegedly blowing through stop signs, going against oncoming traffic through intersections and passing around cars, Budenholzer’s vehicle came to a stop.
As the Budenholzer and his passenger were arrested, the probable cause statement said officers found a pipe on his person and what they believed to be meth in his car.
The car, which is allegedly a stolen vehicle, also contained several stolen IDs as well as two IDs belonging to Budenholzer, one with a fake name.
Budenholzer and his passenger are currently under further investigation.
Utahns can now easily track crime in their area
Provo City names Troy Beebe as its new Chief of Police
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows