SALT LAKE CITY
Man arrested after reckless drive through downtown Salt Lake City
Dec 19, 2022, 3:00 PM | Updated: 4:46 pm
(Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police say a chain reaction crash on Monday morning began with reckless driving in the downtown area.
The 20-year-old male suspect was in a gray car when he ran a red light and drove the wrong direction on a one-way street near 500 South and 200 East, police said.
The suspect continued driving even after police flashed their red and blue lights. They said they did not pursue at that point.
The police caught up to the suspect, but not before he reportedly crashed into a white SUV near 400 South and 500 East. The SUV was pushed into a red car near that intersection.
The suspected reckless driver began running from police, who said they were able to catch up and arrest him.
Two drivers and the suspect all received minor injuries, the suspect was taken by ambulance to a hospital.
An investigation continues. This story may be updated.
- Salt Lake City Police announce response times for November
- Officer-involved incident closes road in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Police release videos of airport officer assaults
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation