Ski resorts offering free gas for carpoolers
SALT LAKE CITY — Those planning to head up Little Cottonwood Canyon this weekend have the chance at having their gas covered.
The key to getting free gas is to carpool. Employees from Snowbird and Alta will be patrolling the parking lots armed with a few $50-dollar gas cards.
Cars carrying at least four people get a chance at a gas card. Additionally, Snowbird be handing out a few fast tracks passes to carpoolers. Those passes allow people to skip ahead on the lift line.
According to a press release from Visit Salt Lake, the “Canyon Carpool Club” is a ride-share incentive program to reduce congestions and emissions on high-travel days.
High-use days include weekends, and prolific powder days.
“Transportation is the biggest challenge we’re facing in Little Cottonwood Canyon,” said Snowbird President and GM Dave Fields. “Everyone that works and recreates in the canyon needs to make some behavioral changes around how they get to Snowbird and Alta. I’m grateful to partner with Visit Salt Lake to incentivize guests to carpool to the resorts and avoid single occupancy vehicles.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- You’re going to see acts that defy humanity,’ police chief says, as officials…
- Utah congressman discusses his bill to ban US teens under 16 from using social media
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest