SLC Southwest crews work to reunite passengers with lost luggage
SALT LAKE CITY — At the baggage claim of Southwest airlines in Salt Lake City International Airport, there are as many rows of luggage as there are letters in the alphabet. Crews have sorted all the passengers’ luggage alphabetically by the Southwest customer service area in baggage claim.
Did you fly @SouthwestAir recently and have a lost bag at the @slcairport? Crews have sorted them alphabetically by the Southwest customer service area in baggage claim. You might want to work with customer service to find em before coming down tho. More today on @kslnewsradio pic.twitter.com/n9f7tdhlfQ
— Lindsay Aerts (@LindsayOnAir) December 28, 2022
At the same time, some travelers have arrived in Salt Lake but are still waiting on their luggage. One couple was supposed to arrive before Christmas but just got in today after booking on another airline. They had to buy all new dresses and suits for their daughter’s wedding on Saturday because they were still missing luggage.
“All our stuff is in our suitcases. And nobody knows where our suitcases are,” said traveler Karma Jacobs. She said that cost them an additional thousand dollars.
- Southwest, storm-delays trickle down to Salt Lake City International Airport
- Why Southwest is melting down
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Winning over Americans? Poll says President Biden has work to do
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Salt Lake City police arrest man after road rage incident, involving a gun
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?