Some Ute fans opting to drive to Rose Bowl amid Southwest woes
SALT LAKE CITY — Fans traveling Southwest to cheer on the Utes at the Rose Bowl may be in trouble.
Southwest canceled thousands of flights this week and the airline continues to struggle getting people to their destinations. KTLA reported that most Southwest flights were listed as canceled or delayed at LAX earlier this week.
An online forum for fans called Ute Hub shows comments from attendees who plan on foregoing the airports and making the 10 hour drive instead.
People trying to book flights with other airlines are facing ticket prices marked in the thousands.
The Utes will face Penn State on Jan. 2 in the 109th Rose Bowl Game.
- Southwest continues to cancel flights, leaving thousands stranded
- Southwest, storm-delays trickle down to Salt Lake City International Airport
- Opinion: Do real University of Utah football fans travel with the team?
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High