CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Mountain View Corridor at 4100 South remains closed after fatal three-car crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One person is dead and others are injured after a three-car crash in West Valley on Mountain View Corridor.
In a tweet, the West Valley City Police Department said the crash happened on 4100 South Mountain View Corridor.
Police advised drivers to avoid the area.
Northbound Mountain View is closed at 5400 South. East and westbound traffic on 4100 South are being diverted.
The WVCPD said other injuries caused by the crash were minor.
FATAL TRAFFIC ACCIDENT: 4100 S Mountain View Corridor. Three vehicles involved. One person deceased. Other injuries minor. NB Mt. View closed at 5400 S. EB and WB 4100 S is being diverted. Avoid area. pic.twitter.com/r4c5olPaQt
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 29, 2022
The Utah Department of Transportation also tweeted about the situation, alerting drivers that there was also a hazmat situation at the scene of the crash.
Northbound Mountain View Corridor at 4100 S in West Valley City remains closed at this time. Please use an alternate if you have to travel through the area. https://t.co/DEF5teGMUb
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) December 29, 2022
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Drug Enforcement Administration warns of new substance appearing in Utah
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Church leaders travel the world ministering to all people
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase