THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
If you’re driving to the Rose Bowl, Saturday may be the day to do it
Dec 30, 2022, 6:30 PM | Updated: Jan 5, 2023, 2:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — For fans driving to Southern California for Monday’s Rose Bowl between Utah and Penn State, Saturday may be the day to do it without the stress of the weather.
A winter storm is expected to impact parts of Utah through Monday morning. KSL NewsRadio’s Andy Farnsworth says if you have plans to attend the Rose Bowl, you may want to travel before Sunday.
“I think the big deal for people who are going to travel to the Rose Bowl over the weekend is to be traveling before Sunday if you want to avoid the weather,” he said.
The incoming storm is expected to make for hazardous driving conditions in the southern part of the state.
“Central Utah down toward St. George the roads are going to be in a lot worse shape on Sunday afternoon and evening. As they are going to be on Saturday where’s it supposed to be maybe just a little bit wet,” Farnsworth said.
Driving to the Rose Bowl? Don’t leave Monday
Monday’s game between the Utes and Nittany Lions kicks off around 3 p.m. mountain time. As a result, Farnsworth says fans won’t have enough time to get to the game if they wait until Monday.
“You don’t want to be traveling at all on Monday,” he said. “The game starts too early in the day for you to think you can make the drive on Monday.”
If you plan to leave Sunday, Farnsworth says to prepare for the trip to take longer. He says if you leave on Saturday it should take about the normal time.
And he says if you were smart and left on Friday, you are going to be in great shape. And will be able to have a good weekend at the Rose Bowl.
For those looking to pass time on the drive, Utah Athletics has provided a BINGO board for those making the journey to Pasadena.
Driving to Los Angeles this weekend? 🚙🌹🏈
Stay connected to Ute fans and play
Road Trip 🄱🄸🄽🄶🄾‼️
Post your photos on your way down to the #RoseBowl and use #GoUtes!
Travel safely! and we’ll see you in Pasadena! pic.twitter.com/1hfmUWLEjy
— Utah Athletics (@utahathletics) December 30, 2022
- Rose Bowl teams make joint appearance at Disney Resort
- Some Ute fans opting to drive to Rose Bowl amid Southwest woes
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Multiple leads being followed up on after motorcyclist shot at passenger car, victim is stable