Moab police seeking public’s help in locating wanted man
MOAB, Utah — The Moab Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a man who is wanted for multiple alleged violent felonies.
Police say Jair Ortiz-Comacho, 26, should be considered armed and dangerous, and should not be approached. Police describe the suspect as 5-feet-8-inches tall and 150 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a gray shirt, jeans, a black jacket and white shoes.
The suspect is wanted for questioning in connection to an aggravated domestic assault and kidnapping, in which a female was stabbed on Saturday.
Police say Ortiz-Comancho went to the house of an ex-girlfriend that he had recently broken up with. He broke through the front door and allegedly slashed the victim with a knife.
According to police, the suspect then forced the victim into a car and drove off. They traveled to a market in town where the victim was able to escape. A friend took the victim to the hospital where she was treated and released for a cut on her arm.
The suspect was last seen in the area of City Market. Police believe the suspect fled the scene on foot.
If you see the suspect, police ask that you call 911 immediately.
- Police seeking help finding runaway teen from Tooele
- Student suspect in custody after 3 football players shot dead and 2 people wounded at the University of Virginia, police say
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- “Major damage to home” after early morning explosion, fire in Lehi