UTA bus and dump truck crash in North Salt Lake, no injuries reported
North Salt Lake, Utah– Friday morning, Jan. 6, a UTA bus collided with a truck in North Salt Lake.
On the corner of Orchard Dr. a dump truck was allegedly turning from Eaglewood and side-swiped into the bus.
Mitch Gwilliam Public Information Officer for NSLPD said the truck driver lost control of his brakes as he was trying to turn left and head northbound, leading to the crash.
The UTA bus driver has minor injuries according to police. Neither passengers nor the truck driver were injured.
Tow trucks are at the scene of the crash now, traffic should be minimal.
- Snow coming just in time for Friday morning commute
- Voting for house speaker, Utah representative weighs in
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County