Teenage boy in critical condition after being struck by truck in Summit County
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — A teenage boy suffered life-threatening injuries Thursday night after being struck by a truck in Summit County.
According to Summit County officials, two teenage boys were riding four-wheelers on Echo Road. One boy pulled over to the shoulder, while the other was in the travel lane. Officials say the incident occurred around 5:58 p.m.
Officials say the boy on the highway turned off his four-wheeler, which turned the lights off on his four-wheeler. A truck traveling Echo Road struck the boy as the driver didn’t see him. The boy was sent airborne, but it’s unclear how far he went.
The boy was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital with critical injuries. The driver, who is cooperating with authorities, suffered minor injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says