Fewer than 10 documents found at Biden’s Delaware home were marked classified
(CNN) — Fewer than 10 documents marked classified were found at President Joe Biden‘s residence in Wilmington, Delaware, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation. None of the documents found at the home were top secret, the highest of the three basic levels of classification.
There are now approximately 20 documents marked classified known to have been found at Biden’s home and former private office.
The White House declined to comment.
CNN previously reported that 10 classified documents from Biden’s time as vice president were found at his former private office at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington, DC, last fall. The classified material found there included some top secret files with the “sensitive compartmentalized information” designation, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources.
Those documents included US intelligence memos and briefing materials that covered topics including Ukraine, Iran and the United Kingdom, according to a source familiar with the matter.
There was also a memo from Biden to President Barack Obama, as well as two briefing memos preparing Biden for phone calls — one with the British prime minister and the other with Donald Tusk, who served as president of the European Council from 2014 to 2019. It’s unclear how much of this material remains sensitive.
Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed former Maryland US Attorney Robert Hur as special counsel to take over the investigation into the classified documents found at the two locations connected to Biden.
The president has told reporters he is cooperating fully with the Department of Justice, and the White House has said it is confident the probe will show the documents were “inadvertently misplaced.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden