Fewer than 10 documents found at Biden’s Delaware home were marked classified
Jan 14, 2023, 1:00 PM | Updated: Jan 23, 2023, 12:08 pm
(CNN) — Fewer than 10 documents marked classified were found at President Joe Biden‘s residence in Wilmington, Delaware, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation. None of the documents found at the home were top secret, the highest of the three basic levels of classification.
There are now approximately 20 documents marked classified known to have been found at Biden’s home and former private office.
The White House declined to comment.
CNN previously reported that 10 classified documents from Biden’s time as vice president were found at his former private office at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington, DC, last fall. The classified material found there included some top secret files with the “sensitive compartmentalized information” designation, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources.
Those documents included US intelligence memos and briefing materials that covered topics including Ukraine, Iran and the United Kingdom, according to a source familiar with the matter.
There was also a memo from Biden to President Barack Obama, as well as two briefing memos preparing Biden for phone calls — one with the British prime minister and the other with Donald Tusk, who served as president of the European Council from 2014 to 2019. It’s unclear how much of this material remains sensitive.
Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed former Maryland US Attorney Robert Hur as special counsel to take over the investigation into the classified documents found at the two locations connected to Biden.
The president has told reporters he is cooperating fully with the Department of Justice, and the White House has said it is confident the probe will show the documents were “inadvertently misplaced.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Years before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan sank a US warship in China
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Plane makes emergency landing in West Jordan, no injuries reported