Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating after a bystander reported a dead body in the foothills above 1100 North Beck Street on Wednesday.
According to the SLCPD, the terrain was too rugged for their initial search. It wasn’t until they used a drone that they found a dead body.
It was found in an old limestone kiln, a structure once used to manufacture lime by burning calcium carbonate. Police said they hiked to the area with the fire department to remove the body.
The investigation began today just before 11 a.m. In their report, police said the person was “likely living on the hillside.”
They do not consider the death to be suspicious.
Police said in a statement that more information will be available afterfamily members are notified.
- Ephraim police investigating death at Snow College off-campus housing unit.
- Former deputy arrested for allegedly impersonating an officer
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- More than 2,700 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon