CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
“Major damage to home” after early morning explosion, fire in Lehi
LEHI, Utah — The Lehi Fire Department reports major structural damage to the interior of a home after a fire erupted early Friday morning.
Officials were called around 3:30 a.m. said Shad Hatfield, battalion chief with the Lehi Fire Department.
Four people were inside the home, Hatfield said, and two of them suffered minor injuries. Nobody was hospitalized but by Friday morning a cat remained missing.
Hatfield said that when firefighters arrived they saw blown-out windows, very little smoke, and minor flames.
However, the home had major structural damage he said.
An initial investigation revealed that someone was in the basement at the time of the explosion, where officials believe the explosion was initiated.
Other reading: Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- One person trapped following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting