POLITICS + GOVERNMENT
Building at Hill Air Force Base evacuated due to “unusual smell”
Feb 2, 2023, 2:30 PM
(Kristin Murphy/Deseret News)
LAYTON, Utah — A building on Hill Air Force Base was evacuated on Thursday morning. The smell was reportedly detected at approximately 9:40 a.m.
An official said the building was evacuated, and that “undetermined number of individuals voluntarily went to area hospitals for precautionary checkups.”
As of Thursday afternoon, a base official said they are not aware of any serious illnesses related to the smell.
Teams continue to investigate.
This story will be updated.
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- SB 151 would exempt certain businesses from farmer’s market regulations
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date