Team Fluff wins 2023 Puppy Bowl
(CNN) — Team Fluff has taken home the coveted “Lombarky” trophy in the 2023 Puppy Bowl, winning 87-83 over Team Ruff.
Vivianne, a bulldog mix from southern Colorado, scored the game’s final touchdown after taking an adorable green turtle toy into the end zone.
Team Fluff is on a winning streak: They also won in 2022.
“Ruff-eree” Dan Schachner presented the trophy to Majesty, a purebred corgi from Florida and Team Fluff’s captain.
The game featured the first ever overtime in Puppy Bowl history after Team Ruff recovered from a 31-point deficit to tie the game in the second half.
Over 100 rescue dogs faced off in the adorable competition, which seeks to raise awareness for rescue organizations and help the pups get adopted. Some of the players have already been adopted since the show is pretaped, but those who are still up for adoption are featured on Discovery’s website.
The dogs win points by dragging chew toys into end zones, with dramatic slo-mo cameras capturing their paw-some plays.
The game also included a feline halftime show performance. Rescue kitties from across the country took the stage, including special guest “Furianna.”
This is the 19th year that Animal Planet has hosted the canine competition. Animal Planet says every puppy and kitten ever featured on prior Puppy Bowls has found a home since the first show in 2005.
Disclosure: Animal Planet and CNN are both owned by Warner Bros. Discovery.
™ & © 2023 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Utah AG claims ESG or ‘climate investing’ contributed to SVB collapse