Two-alarm fire, structure collapse at 700 South 400 West in Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY — A structure fire and building collapse kept the Salt Lake City Fire Department busy overnight.
They were called to the scene at 704 South 400 West around 1 a.m. on Monday.
Working incident – 704 s 400 w. Currently a second alarm. Crews are in a defensive operation as there is structural collapse. Media staging at 350 w 700 s. pic.twitter.com/S8rZvYQSEV
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) March 6, 2023
The surrounding roads were blocked off to traffic as firefighters worked to extinguish the fire. Around 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Salt Lake City Fire said that 400 West was open for traffic. But they said 700 South will remain closed in the area.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Alpine District officials launch formal study to adjust school boundaries
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant
- North Dakota man charged in connection to disappearance of Dylan Rounds
- Mother of man killed by Farmington police has history with department
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Utah AG claims ESG or ‘climate investing’ contributed to SVB collapse
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station