Skier dies at Brighton Ski Resort
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department confirms that a 37-year-old male died at Brighton Ski Resort on Tuesday.
Spokesperson Melody Cutler said that Kyle Mortensen was skiing in the backcountry out of bounds of Brighton Ski Resort, when he lost control and hit a tree.
Cutler said, its was a tragic accident and Mortensen was by himself close to Brighton Ski Resort. He had a GPS tracker on him which is how he was found.
The body will now be examined by the coroner to determine how exactly he died… This story is developing and will be updated.
Editor’s note: This article has been changed to accurately spell Kyle Mortensen’s name. A previous version identified him as Kyler
Related: Message to Utah skiers from UDOT about traffic — plan ahead
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Open house for Richmond Virginia Temple begins this week
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- When is the right age to retire?
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Suspect dead, officer injured after shootout in Springville