Parts of I-80 closing temporarily in Parleys Canyon due to elk
Mar 17, 2023, 2:00 PM | Updated: 4:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Several parts of I-80 at Parleys Canyon will be closed Sunday morning so crews can relocate dozens of elk.
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said up to 120 elk have been hanging around a country club and need to be moved.
The DNR said the closures would start at 10 a.m. The duration of the closure will depend on how quickly wildlife officials will be able to move the herds.
Major areas in the closure include I-80 Westbound at East Canyon, Parley’s Way and the northbound Foothill off-ramp.
The DNR provided the graphic below to show which areas of I-80 would be affected.
- More snow = more ski time! These Utah resorts extended their seasons
- The North Tooele Fire District says this year’s fire danger is high
- Be aware of winter wildlife while recreating outside
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend