Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
Mar 20, 2023, 4:36 PM | Updated: 4:41 pm
KAYSVILLE, Utah — A semi-truck hit a car on I-15 Monday afternoon, causing the HOV lane near the 200 North exit to close down.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden, the driver of the semi didn’t see a car next to him when he was changing lanes. The semi hit the car and pinned it into a barrier.
The woman inside the car had to be extracted from her car. Authorities said she was taken to a local trauma center to be treated.
Roden said the trailer the semi was pulling rolled over because of the accident and blocked the HOV lane and the left lane next to it.
The Utah Department of Transportation estimates the crash will be cleared around 5:45 p.m.
Nick Clarke submitted the video above of the crash.
- UDOT truck veers into Big Cottonwood Canyon canal, no water contamination suspected
- Overnight I-15 closures coming to West Davis this weekend
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful