6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
Mar 21, 2023, 3:43 PM | Updated: Mar 22, 2023, 8:11 am
(Utah Department of Public Safety)
EMERY, Utah — A 6-year-old is dead after a car accident in Emery County Monday afternoon.
The Utah Department of Public Safety said a pick-up truck was driving eastbound on U.S.-6.
DPS said the road was sleet covered and the truck driver lost control, went down an embankment and the truck rolled.
A 6-year-old was ejected and taken to the hospital where he later died. The two other people in the car had minor injuries.
DPS said it’s investigating if the child was wearing a seatbelt.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Record Utah winter makes up for years-long water shortfall