Open house and dedication of Feather River Temple will be later this year
Mar 24, 2023, 9:30 PM | Updated: Mar 27, 2023, 1:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Earlier this week, the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced an open house and dedication dates for the Feather River California Temple. Additionally, church leadership also announced news regarding temples in Guatemala and Florida.
The public open house for the Feather River California Temple will be Aug. 19-Sept. 9, 2023, with the exception of Sundays.
Prior to the public open house, a media day for the temple will be held on Aug. 15. Invited guests will tour the temple Aug. 16-18.
Feather River Temple dedication date
The temple will then be dedicated on Sunday, Oct. 8 by Elder Ulisses Soares, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Dedicating the temple will take place in two sessions at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
According to a church news release, the structure is located at 1470 Butte House Road in Yuba City, California. The temple is roughly 38,000 square feet.
The Feather River Temple was first announced by President Nelson in October 2018.
Other temple news
Church leaders also announced the site of the Huehuetenango Guatemala Temple. According to the church news release, it will be at located 18 Avenida, Zona 4, El Terrero, Huehuetenango, Guatemala.
The church says plans for this temple will be a single-story structure and will be roughly 10,787 square feet.
President Nelson announced this temple in October 2022.
Additionally, the rendering of the Tampa Florida Temple was released earlier this week. The temple will be located at 4806 Bell Shoals Road in Valrico, Florida. It was announced in October 2022.
Bonneville International Corporation, the company that owns KSL NewsRadio, is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, which is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Read more: The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom