Man hit and killed by snowplow in West Haven
Apr 5, 2023, 9:48 AM | Updated: 10:00 am
WEST HAVEN, Utah — A pedestrian died after a privately owned snowplow hit him early Wednesday morning.
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden of the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident happened around 3:30 a.m. in the area of 1900 West and Commerce Drive in West Haven.
“There was a pedestrian walking southbound and was hit by a privately owned snowplow that was also traveling southbound,” said Roden.”The adult male was transported to an area hospital in critical condition and died at the hospital.”
According to Roden, there have been multiple accident in that area.
The driver of the snowplow reported the accident is cooperating with authorities.
- Mayor Mendenhall calls for vigilance from drivers, announces plan to find solutions
- A near record-breaking year for auto-pedestrian fatalities, officials urge caution
- Auto-pedestrian collision in West Haven sends bicyclist to hospital
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- #BACONTOPAYSON: Payson High students pushing to get Kevin Bacon to prom
- Lake Powell bounces back from record-low water levels
- Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
- Man killed in West Valley crash was visiting elderly neighbor
- Popular trail bridge at Zion National Park closes
- Utah Highway Patrol warns of scam callers pretending to be troopers
- Why are hikers dying in Buckskin Gulch?
- Would you take a new rail line from SLC to Las Vegas, Boise or LA?
- Lori Daybell’s defense team files for new murder trial